Thursday, October 4, 2012

A couple's love


I was introduced  to Christ church in Sapporo by my friend who lives in the United States.This church is deeply connected with Castle View Baptist Church in Indiana,which is the headquarters of Baptist in the world,and has had long relationship for  over thirty years. they have a choir visit to Sapporo every year.
I heard an emotional speech from Pastor Kamidate who is the leader of Grace Church Sapporo.
Let me pass on this wonderful story to everybody.
Actually the following story happened in the United States.
A young couple had a happy life.
The wife's name was Susan,the husband was Mike.
Susan said to Mike "You don't think of me. You don't love  me at all. I am not happy in the least"  She used to blame him. He would say " I would like you to do every thing you can by yourself" He always comforted her. To tell the truth,She was blind. She lost her sight a year ago. It happened in an accident.  Man who had been in peaceful family life suddenly was driven into a black corner. We can't imagine how awful it was. 
He guided her how to go to the kitchen,the place where the cooking tools were,where the sofa was and so on. But those are only the places inside their home.
One day,Susan asked him."I want to work outside"  "Please"
"Please take me to my work office"  Mike replied "OK,I will . I 'll take you to your office,but I will take you for a week,after that you need to go to the office by yourself. OK?"
A week had passed. Two weeks later, Susan was going to get off  at the bus stop. The bus driver whispered to her. "You are blessed"  She didn't know what he meant.  He went on talking. Then, she  cried out and fell back.  "A soldier has been keeping an eye on you  under the shade of trees,at the corner block , looking very worried. This had lasted for two weeks"  Mike was a soldier. "You are blessed. You are very happy living with such a caring lover"
When Pastor Kamidate's speech was over, the eyes of some American women who were listening behind him blurred with tears. 
There are many kinds of stories concerning a couple's love.
When they have stood in  adversity, love will be increasing with power.

Old testament「Ecclesiates」
Chapter 4, 9-10
Two are better off than one ,because together they can work more effectively.
If one of them falls down, the other can help him. But if someone is alone and falls, it's just too bad, because there is no one to help him.

Proof reading by Howard Mass & Laura Ruth Noguchi(Jarrett)

No comments:

Post a Comment